APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR ADVOCATES FORUM ®
The Top Trial Lawyers in America®
1. If you are PRESENTLY a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, this Application is for certification and membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. One-time fee: $1500. When you originally applied for membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum you may have presented a case which would now qualify for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (a case in the amount of Two Million Dollars or more). You may again present the same case on this Application if you wish. However, please restate all of the requested information for the case on this application, rather than referring back to the original application.
2. If you are NOT PRESENTLY a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, this Application is for certification and membership in both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The total fee is $2000 (applies only if joining concurrently using one application). If you wish to join only the Million Dollar Advocates Forum please see that Application at the MEMBER APPLICATIONS link to the left of this page.
If certification and membership are approved, a membership certificate, and a press release announcing the member's certification as a member, will be sent. Members are authorized to hold themselves out as Life Members in any manner consistent with rules of professional conduct applicable in the jurisdiction(s) in which the member practices. Members are authorized to use the membership logos and other identifying trademarks of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum subject to the terms stated at the LOGO USE page.
that you have read and meet all such qualifications and agree to such terms
Members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum must meet the following qualifications:
1. Applicant must be a current member of the Bar in good standing.
2. Applicant must have acted as Principal Counsel (see definition below) in one or more of the following:
a) A court or jury trial in which applicant's client(s) received a verdict and entered final judgment in the amount of two million dollars or more. Summary adjudication or default proceedings do not qualify. The case must be final and not subject to appeal or other possible modification.
b) A binding arbitration proceeding, where evidence was presented, in which the applicant's client(s) received a final arbitrator's award in the amount of two million dollars or more.
c) Negotiation of a final settlement in which the applicant's client(s) received the sum of two million dollars or more.
3. Whether by trial, arbitration or settlement, if the award was by periodic payments or structured settlement, the two million dollar amount must apply to the economic present value of the award, not the overall payout amount.
4. Applicants must provide adequate information as to case identity to allow for verification. In most cases, certification will proceed upon the declarations of the applicant attorney. It is understood that there are confidential settlements which do not allow for case identification. In such cases, the applicant may provide a general description of the case, certifying such description as true. For further information regarding Confidential Settlementssee the MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION page.
5. The term “Principal Counsel" is intended to include the one or more attorneys who were primarily in charge of and responsible for the preparation, management, settlement and trial of a qualifying case. It is not necessarily limited to one attorney, nor is it limited to lead (i.e. "first chair") trial counsel. It is recognized that the responsibility for, and management of, a complex case often involves a team of attorneys who serve as co-principal counsel with different responsibilities. However, it is not intended to include an attorney simply because he or she worked on the case, referred the case or brought the case into the office. It is presumed that an applicant who states that he or she was "principal counsel" in a qualifying case has clarified that status (as defined herein) with any co-counsel and that there is agreement among all co-counsel that the applicant acted in the capacity of principal counsel.
NOTE: Further qualification details regarding specific case situations (confidential settlements, appeals, settlements after trial or appeal, etc.) are stated at the MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION link to the left.
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
By completing the Application for Membership, applicant certifies as a member of the Bar that all such information is true and correct, and that the accuracy and truthfulness of such Application will be relied upon in granting certification and membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. If approved for membership, applicant may hold himself or herself out as a Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum in any manner consistent with rules of professional conduct which may apply to applicant; however, he or she may not in any way act on behalf of or purport to represent the Million Dollar Advocates Forum or Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Members may use the logos and other identifying trademarks of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum or Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum to indicate such membership status only as described at the website www.MillionDollarAdvocates.com (see LOGO USE).
Membership Applications are generally reviewed and replied to within 10 days (approved, denied, or additional information requested).